Himachal assembly poll turnout at 75.6 percent

Shimla: The poll percentage in Himachal Pradesh’s assembly elections yesterday stands at 75.6 percent, the Chief Electoral Officer, Maneesh Garg said today.

He said that the poll percentage through EVMs was 74.6 per cent Besides this, 1 per cent postal ballots had been received already taking the overall turnout to 75.6 per cent till now and nearly 2 per cent postal ballots are yet to be received.

The highest polling percentage of 85.25 per cent was reported from Doon AC and the lowest polling percentage of 62.53 per cent was in Shimla AC.

Total males in the electorate were 2788925, female voters were 2736306 and the third gender voters were 38. Out of these, the total percentage of male population who exercised their right to franchise was 72.4 and that of females was 76.8 percent besides the third gender poll percentage was 68.4 percent.

He said that the strong rooms have been sealed with a 3-tier security system and the scrutiny has been completed, in the presence of Observers of ECI, candidates or their representatives and ROs.

The CEO said enforcement agencies, especially Income tax, State Excise and Police departments, as well as expenditure monitoring teams, seizures of nearly Rs. 60 crore were made since announcement of the poll on 14th October till day of poll, as compared to about Rs. 10 crore in 2017 Vidhan Sabha elections.

As many as 240 Flying squads were deputed in all 68 assembly segments. Besides 242 Static Surveillance teams, 75 Assistant Expenditure Observers, 166 Video surveillance teams, 72 video viewing teams.

73 accounting teams, 53 Complaint monitoring control rooms and Call centers at Returning Officer (RO) and District Election Officer (DEO) and CEO level, 13 Media Certification and Monitoring Committee (MCMC) paid news at CEO and DEO level

And 13 expenditure monitoring cells at CEO, DEO level round the clock. A total of nearly 3600 personnel were deployed in the above expenditure monitoring teams.

CEO revealed that out of total 1779 complaints received during this period, 292 were closed after inquiry, and corrective action was taken and compliance reported in as many as 1308 such complaints.

Out of these, 1013 complaints were received over C-vigil out of which corrective action was taken in respect of 861 complaints.